Smiles For Life offers a full array of dental services to help you maintain healthy teeth. You can read more on this page about specific services.
1. We strive to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach to dentistry. Recent research has shown a strong and direct connection of the mouth to other systemic diseases. By looking at the patients overall health, habits and individual issues we are better able to bring their mouth back to health.
2. One of our main goals is minimally invasive dentistry or preservation of our natural tooth structure. We use state-of-the-art technology like the Diagnodent Laser Cavity Detector to catch cavities as they just start and remove only the decay and keep as much of the natural tooth structure in tact as possible.
3. For the comfort of our patients we offer soothing, warm neck wraps and warm hand paraffin treatments in a relaxed environment.
4. We now offer our patients Velscope Oral Cancer Screenings. To learn more about this innovative treatment visit: http://www.velscope.com.
5. We can offer Same Day Crowns with Cerec Technology. We are excited to have the latest CAD/CAM technology in our office to restore broken teeth and offer crowns in one appointment. Cerec utilizes digital imaging of teeth, instead of impressions, that wirelessly connects to a milling machine that fabricates crowns or fillings. These are then bonded to the teeth in the same appointment.
Our Cosmetic Dentistry services include:
- Cosmetic Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery, to frame your teeth beautifully
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Inlays & Onlays, to fill teeth with larger cavities
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- Tooth-Colored Fillings, for a completely natural, healthy look
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping, for a pleasing tooth shape
We also offer:
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect disease at a curable stage
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, to prevent tooth loss
- Professional Teeth Cleanings, to maintain good oral health
- Root Canal Treatment, to save an infected tooth
- Sealants, to protect children's teeth from decay
- TMJ/TMD Treatment, for chronic jaw pain
- Tooth Extractions, when a tooth is hopelessly damaged or decayed
Initial Oral Examination
Your initial oral examination includes a visual examination, charting, periodontal probing, diagnosis and treatment recommendations. We will also take x-rays, which includes the panoramic x-ray for proper diagnosis of the anterior (front) and posterior (back) teeth as well as the bite-wing x-ray series for proper diagnosis of proximal decay of posterior teeth.
Our state-of-the-art, in-office Deep Bleaching system will make your teeth whiter in less than 1.5 hours. Another option is our home bleaching system you take with you for results in 2 weeks. You can also consider a combination program of both systems for optimal, long-term results.
Crowns and Veneers
You can have a new smile with all-porcelain crowns (empressed material) on the anterior teeth. For the posterior, we usually use an all ceramic material with our Cerec system (same day crowns).
Tooth-colored fillings that are light-cured to match your teeth. Some of our fillings are made with our Cerec technology for a longer lasting/stronger filling.
You should have a standard cleaning at least twice a year. A periodontal treatment includes an Adult Prophy (basic cleaning). If it has been over a year since your last cleaning, possible treatment will include either Periodontal Scaling (deeper) or Root Planning and Scaling (requires anesthetic).
Whether you are an athlete or casual sports participant, you should wear a mouth guard to protect your teeth. If you grind your teeth while you sleep, a bite guard will help reduce symptoms of TMJ. We custom make mouth guards in both soft and hard materials.
Removable Dental Prosthesis
For missing teeth, we can make dentures or removable partials for you.
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. We can treat a variety of traumatic dental injuries, including teeth that have been chipped, moved, or knocked out entirely. Please call our office for assistance.